Mas Sehat | Blog Tentang Kesehatan | Mas Sehat ~ Blog Tentang Kesehatan | www.mas-sehat.com

Info Kit Readers' Favorite Backyard Remedies

List ArticlePrior to each number of The Essential Herbal, nosotros used to pose a inquiry to The Essential Herbal Yahoo List (when it was a lot to a greater extent than active than it is now), in addition to inquire for ideas, recipes, or crafts dealing amongst that question.  They were a lot of fun.  This i is from the May/June ’06 issue.
What is the i domicile remedy that comes from your dorsum yard (or wherever your plants are), that you lot brand every year?


Photo credit:  Lori Stahl

☀️My answer:  Every year, I fill upwards a offend amongst chopped upwards plantain, jewelweed in addition to aloe.  They are covered amongst either vinegar or alcohol (depending on what I conduct keep around).  That means nosotros e'er conduct keep something on paw inwards really early on jump - when põrnikas bites in addition to poisonous substance ivy are present, but the "remedy plants" aren't upwards yet.

☀️One of my favorites that seems to come upwards inwards handy at around signal each summertime is sage inwards apple tree cider vinegar for poisonous substance ivy.  Bertha Reppert casually mentioned this i at an herb gathering i spring. That summer, but every bit the Renaissance Faire began, almost all the actors managed to acquire poisonous substance ivy. As shortly every bit she could, the Queen came to our store because she could barely walk amongst poisonous substance ivy all over her feet!
We remembered Bertha's instructions to fill upwards a bottle amongst bruised sage leaves, hence pour apple tree cider vinegar into the bottle until full.  We gave the solution to the Queen the side past times side forenoon amongst instructions to dab it on her feet every bit oftentimes every bit she could.  She was really grateful because it dried upwards almost overnight in addition to she shared it amongst the cast.
Maryanne
lancastersoap.com

☀️I e'er brand myself around rose petal vinegar, to purpose every bit a sunburn treatment. I purpose ruby-red or pinkish roses from our garden, in addition to organic, unfiltered apple tree cider vinegar (it smells in addition to feels meliorate than "regular" vinegar), in addition to but infuse them together until the vinegar is a gorgeous red/pink shade. Then i strain off the roses, in addition to position the vinegar into a beautiful, cut-glass decanter I got years agone at an antique store. I proceed it inwards the bath in addition to add together a loving cup or 2 of the vinegar to my bathwater later on I acquire my foremost sunburn of the year. I purpose a flake of lavander trunk petroleum later on my rose-vinegar bath in addition to my sunburn is practically healed immediately!
Maggie
prairielandherbs.com

☀️So many come upwards to mind, but the i I'm the most anxious for is a green drink made amongst tender novel leaves of mints, chickweed, plantain, calendula, dandelion, etc. whirled inwards the blender amongst apple tree juice or pineapple juice or both.
Drinking this is similar pouring pure sunshine (we never tin give the sack acquire plenty of hither inwards western WA) into your body.  H5N1 slap-up tonic packed for of vitamins.  Yum!!!
My 2d favorite is Calendula flowers, Lavender, Plantain, Chickweed, Comfrey & Lobelia infused inwards virgin olive oil.  We brand several gallons every bit a base of operations for our really healing salves in addition to to add together to our soaps.
This is the hardest theme because at that topographic point are hence many that our solid unit of measurement couldn't alive without.  Enough Basil Pesto for the winter, gallons of dissimilar Herbal Vinegars for flavor & digestion, Echinacea, Oregon Grape, Usnea for tinctures, and, of course, Spearmint, Catnip, Fennel, Peppermint, Lemon Balm, Lemon Verbena, Lemon Thyme for teas.
Kristine
www.herbalmomma.com

☀️I conduct keep Yarrow planted, in addition to you lot tin give the sack purpose the leaves for cuts in addition to wounds to aide amongst disinfecting in addition to bleeding.  I learned this from reading Family Herbal past times Rosemary Gladstar! She too suggests that you lot tin give the sack conduct keep a pinch of dried herb, house inwards olfactory organ when you lot conduct keep a olfactory organ bleed.
Gabby

☀️The concluding several years I conduct keep made 2 quarts of echinacea tincture using Echinacea purpura root in addition to 100 proof vodka.  It helps to ward of those pesky colds in addition to flu. Between my friends in addition to solid unit of measurement all is used. This twelvemonth I intend I volition double my stores.
Collee

☀️My  favorite concoction every bit good every bit everyone who tries it is my Comfrey Salve...
We alternative leaves, wilt them but a flake inwards the Sun in addition to solar infuse for 2 to 3 weeks, strain, in addition to brand a relieve using a 5:1 ratio of beeswax, add together inwards eucalyptus, rosemary, lavander & peppermint essential oils. My emerald relieve heals really fast in addition to is slap-up for misfortunate noses sore from colds, hands that are really chapped in addition to tyke peel abrasions. It heals hence fast it is amazing.
Deb Sturdevant
thecountryartist.com

☀️For the past times 20-25 years I've made an Herbal Salve with Calendula, Comfrey, Plantain in addition to St. Johns Wort harvested from our gardens.  I infuse the fresh herbs inwards olive oil.  After six-eight weeks I brand the salve. I harvest & infuse those herbs on a regular footing throughout the growing flavour hence I conduct keep plenty for the entire year. If I conduct keep a expert crop of Arnica.....I'll purpose that
also!
Karen Lee Hegre

☀️We similar to brand nettle soup inwards the early on spring.
Mary Ellen Wilcox
NETTLE SOUP  
Makes 6 servings
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, peeled coarsely chopped
½ loving cup uncooked rice
4 quarts stinging nettle tips, loosely packed
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
6 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly Blue Planet dark pepper
Wash nettles (wearing prophylactic gloves) past times plunging them into a sink total of water, hence lifting them out of the water, leaving whatsoever debris behind.
In deep pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter amongst the olive oil. Stir inwards the onion in addition to sauté until the onions are soft in addition to but offset to brown, well-nigh 8 minutes. Stir inwards the rice in addition to laid upwards until the grains are translucent, well-nigh i minute.
Add the nettles, the garlic in addition to the broth in addition to convey the soup to a full, rolling boil. Reduce estrus to depression in addition to simmer until the rice is really tender, well-nigh xx minutes. Transfer the soup inwards little batches to a blender in addition to purée until smooth. Add the tabular array salt in addition to pepper in addition to serve hot.

☀️Ooooh...every jump I can't expression til the mint pops upwards hence I tin give the sack brand this incredibly refreshing peel toner (I telephone band it Minty Orange Julep Face Tonic).
I conduct keep well-nigh 3 tablespoons of fresh mint leaves (usually peppermint, spearmint in addition to a mint called [what else] Mint Julep in addition to sometimes a petty flake of pennyroyal) in addition to comprehend them amongst a loving cup of boiling H2O in addition to allow them sit down (covered) until the H2O has cooled.  In around other bowl I position the zest
from an organic orangish in addition to comprehend that amongst a loving cup of boiling water, comprehend the bowl in addition to allow it cool.  Then I strain the H2O off the mint in addition to orangish peel, combine the mint H2O in addition to orangish H2O and, yum yum … mint in addition to citrus toner!  I add together well-nigh a tablespoon or hence of Everclear per 1/2 loving cup of "tea" in addition to bottle 'er up.  This is the most awesome "wake me upwards inwards the morning" peel freshener.  I similar to apply it amongst a cotton fiber ball, but others prefer misting it amongst a spray bottle.  My friends tell they tin give the sack *feel* it working and
toning their pores.
Barbara Korando
jgecko.com

☀️Here is a summertime recipe that is expert for all ages.
Sam saponisoaps.com

Watermelon facial refresher
2 Tbsp. watermelon juice
1 Tbsp. vodka
2 Tbsp. water
2 Tbsp. witch hazel
Make certain that you lot don’t conduct keep whatsoever seeds inwards the watermelon juice.
Combine all ingredients in addition to stir well.
Pour into an air tight container
To use: apply to human face upwards amongst cotton fiber balls. Store inwards the refrigerator.

And hither is i to proceed the bugs away!
Bugs away!
1 tsp. citronella essential oil
2 cups witch hazel
3 tsp. apple tree cider vinegar
Mix together well. Pour into a spray bottle. Apply to exposed peel liberally.
(does non involve to last kept inwards the refrigerator)

☀️Well, every bit you lot powerfulness approximate from my frequent allusions to it, the most useful herb inwards my garden is feverfew. Although I've tinctured it, I prefer to consume the fresh leaves when I conduct keep a migraine.
Feverfew tastes nasty, hence I coil upwards the leafage in addition to pour tabular array salt on it earlier I popular it into my mouth. Like salting a radish, that takes away the intense bitter flavor.
If the headache is specially bad, I'll consume 2 leaves. Within the one-half hour, I normally realize I'm feeling good again.
Feverfew is quite hardy. It's a slap-up fresh remedy from March through December. After that, I purpose the tincture or gulp feverfew tea.
Geri         
ny-attitude.com

☀️I conduct keep been mulling this over, this concluding twelvemonth has actually been the foremost twelvemonth I grew whatsoever of my ain herbs.  But the i I appreciated the most was my calendula.  Those petty darlings would bloom, in addition to I would alternative the blooms off, hence they would grow in addition to bloom again!  I infused them inwards olive oil, which is used inwards almost all my products.  The side past times side best affair was my mints, everyone enjoyed either picking them fresh in addition to eating or making heavenly iced tea, which believe me, is a quick remedy, on hot Oklahoma days!
Pam            
healingherbals.org

☀️We e'er conduct keep to brand lavender vodka--it is antibacterial, antiviral, in addition to antifungal. We purpose for injuries, used it to disinfect all sorts of things in addition to it smells hence much meliorate than Lysol.  It prevents infections in addition to fifty-fifty volition cure athlete's foot...once you lot conduct keep it, you lot volition discovery many uses for it.
GreenMaggie
Greenspirit Nursery,   due north Idaho
Terima kasih telah membaca artikel tentang Info Kit Readers' Favorite Backyard Remedies di blog Dunia MOVI jika anda ingin menyebar luaskan artikel ini di mohon untuk mencantumkan link sebagai Sumbernya, dan bila artikel ini bermanfaat silakan bookmark halaman ini diwebbroswer anda, dengan cara menekan Ctrl + D pada tombol keyboard anda.

Artikel terbaru :

Mas Sehat | Blog Tentang Kesehatan | Mas Sehat ~ Blog Tentang Kesehatan | www.mas-sehat.com